Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Break is Over. Sniff Sniff.






Well, today was the last day of my week off before summer school. I report for duty tomorrow at 8 a.m. I had a great week off, got to spend a lot of time with Connor, and take lots of naps. I love naps!

Here's what I did on my week off:

Friday- Went out to eat with the guys and took Connor to the very run down, Zuma Fun Center. He had fun anyways! I think we'll stick with Chuck E. Cheese from now on! We ended our Friday with hot Krispy Kremes!

Saturday- Did absolutely nothing until late afternoon. Took Connor to Nana's and Greg and I had a date night. It was a relaxing day.

Sunday- Spent time at my parent's house. Ate a delicious dinner (My mom makes the best fried chicken in the world!), took Dad's convertible for a spin, and ate some awesome ice cream. Another relaxing day!

Monday- Greg and I took Connor to open playtime at the Bounce House. He had a blast. I will admit, I had fun too! Those slides are fun! I did come out with two injuries on my elbows....only me! If you are a mom, you must take your kids! It is so worth $5.50! After a nap, I suffered through grocery shopping (I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING!), and then we all went on a picnic at the Sequoyah Hills park. After a long walk, we headed home. Another relaxing day!

Tuesday- I took Connor to Dollywood and Splash Country. The kid loves some Dollywood! He loves to get wet and made me ride that River Rampage ride. Of course, we both got soaked. He giggled all the way through it! After Dollywood, we headed over to Splash Country. This summer he is tall enough to ride a lot of the big water slides. I was a little nervous about taking him on them, but he loved them! He even thought the one that is completely in the dark was fun. He is so brave...maybe a little too brave! He laughed all the way through every slide! It was a fun day, but exhausting!

Wednesday- After an exhausting Tuesday, I decided to just lay low and hang out around the house. I did boring stuff like laundry and cleaning....exciting, I know. The day ended with an unsuccessful trip to Wal-Mart to buy play sand for Connor's sandbox. They were out, so I'll have to drag myself over there again....YUCK! There is nothing worse than having to go to Wal-Mart for just ONE thing!

Thursday- I woke up at 5:45 with the intention of running, but then I thought, this is my last day to sleep in until July. What am I thinking? I went back to sleep, and all day have been reminding myself how lazy I am! After I did get out of bed, I headed to the dentist and I HATE THE DENTIST! I hate the sounds, I hate all the instruments they stick in your mouth, I hate the taste....ugggh! I had to have a cavity filled and it was just as awful as I remembered it! That was at 11:30 a.m., and finally, at 7 p.m., I could feel the right side of my face again. I picked up Connor from school after his nap and we ran around for a little while. He loves to shop with his mom! The guilt of missing my morning run kicked in and I managed to make it out tonight and do yoga...not feeling as lazy now....still not feeling ready for shorts and bathing suits.

Tomorrow night we are planning on taking Connor to the drive-in to see Shrek 3 and Spiderman. Saturday afternoon, we're going to a Kids Reading Festival at the World's Fair Park and then that evening some friends are coming in town for a visit. Sunday, I'm hosting a tea with my friend Mandy. We've got a busy weekend!

Connor starts swim lessons next Tuesday, so be looking for some pictures! I am so excited to see how much he learns this summer. Tuesday at Splash Country, he was doing such a great job swimming! He loves the water...he is definitely my son!

No comments: