Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ooops! Has it really been two weeks?

I realized Friday night that I haven't posted anything in two weeks! I can't believe it has been that long! We have been so busy! The school year is wrapping up and we have had a million other things going on.

Friday is our last day of school for this year! It has flown by! I have a week off and then I am teaching summer school for the month of June. Yes, I know it's stupid to give up a month of vacation, when I'm getting paid to do nothing, but the extra summer school money is great! Plus, it will pay for both our beach vacation in July and some of Disney in October.

Mimi is visiting right now, and we're having a blast! Of course Connor is being spoiled beyond belief. He told me on Friday that Daddy and I should leave and go on vacation. I don't think he likes sharing Mimi with anyone. Next weekend we're heading to Indianapolis to visit our friends, the next weekend we're having friends in town, and then after that hopefully things can slow down for a couple of weeks at least. But we wouldn't be the Adkins family if we weren't always crazy busy, now would we? I don't think we'd know what to do with ourselves if we didn't have something going on. I'm so glad I share my life with two boys as equally restless as me!

I haven't posted a funny Connor story in a while, so here's one for you! We have been planning on seeing the new Shrek movie today for a few days now. Well, this morning, we changed our minds at the last minute, and ended up going to see "Meet the Robinsons" in 3D. It was really fun! Connor sat through the whole movie and seemed to love it. As we were walking out of the theatre, we asked him how he liked it, and he said, "I thought we were seeing Shrek!" with a really confused look on his face. It was so funny that he didn't say a word until it was over.

Tomorrow Greg is leading worship at church and I am singing as well. Connor is also doing something for Awanas during the service, so all three of us are involved. Hopefully we'll all get a good night's sleep and have a great morning.

I'll try to post again soon with some actual pictures. I haven't had the camera on in a couple of weeks and need to take some pictures! If anything, this blog has made me be better about taking pictures!

I must go. Greg bought the Planet Earth documentary series tonight, and if you know me well, you know I LOVE documentaries. I have to watch now! Yes, I am a dork.

No comments: