Monday, May 21, 2007

What a Day!

Today was one of those days that you just have to laugh at to keep from crying after you actually can sit down! I just have to share:

6:25 a.m. Wake up VERY late!
7:10 a.m. Rush out the door to work, wearing the first outfit that I found that didn’t need ironing.
7:30 a.m. Miraculously arrive at work on time!
7:40 a.m. Pull my classroom together and try to figure out what I’m doing since I was out on Friday.
7:55 a.m. Realize that in my rushing, I forgot a bag full of important papers that I have to have today.
7:56 a.m. Start trying to call Greg and BEG him to bring them to me…promising anything that he wants!
8:15 a.m. Greg finally calls me back and SO NICELY agrees to bring them to me (what a nice guy he is!)
8:15- 9:15 a.m. Try to teach and convince a bunch of third graders that I REALLY am taking grades these last four days of school and that this year is not over (Yeah, right!) while on the phone trying to find a place to enroll Connor in swim lessons. Everyone is booked! I finally find an opening!
9:15 a.m. Greg arrives with papers…my hero!
9:30 a.m. After finishing a book study, I realize some of my kids have never even had hot chocolate (the characters celebrated with hot chocolate in the last chapter of the book), so I remember that I have a bunch of hot chocolate from a staff luncheon and give a bunch of third graders their first taste of hot chocolate (Can you imagine? What do I ever have to complain about?)
9:45 a.m. My awesome mother arrives with Panera coffee and bagels and helps me get all of my end of the year paperwork done.
9:45-2:30 p.m. Continue to try to convince my kids to be good!
2:30-3:10 p.m. Bus duty
3:10-3:40 p.m. Meeting
3:40-4:40 p.m. Work on end of the year paperwork
5:00 p.m. Pick up Connor WAY LATER THAN USUAL from school- he’s in a terrible mood!
5:15 p.m. Connor busts out crying in the car and tells me “I had a terrible day!”
5:20 p.m. Finally figure out Connor’s terrible day is because one of his friends pushed him while they were playing and
it “really hurt my feelings.”
5:20-5:30 p.m. Pick up stuff from the store, three year old throws tantrum while I'm trying to pay...entire store stares at me
like they're about to present me the "Worst Mother of the Year Award"
5:30-6:30 p.m. Cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up
6:30-7:00 p.m. Try to convince a three year old who hasn’t used the bathroom since Friday, that pooping really isn’t scary!
7:00-7:15 p.m. Lay in the hall with my three year old where he has collapsed crying and upset and just hold him. He says he
just wants to go to bed! My heart breaks because at three, he is NOT supposed to be having these kinds of days yet!
7:15 p.m. Decide to fix his bad day with ice cream!
7:20 p.m. Arrive at Mc Donald's to find there is no "Shrek Ice Cream"..their machine is broken...try to avoid
meltdown...head to Bruster's!
8:00 p.m. Pooping success and then bubble bath
8:30 p.m. Floss and brush three year old’s teeth while trying to convince him that the “big girl” at school was wrong and his heart really is in his chest and not in his shoulder. “Are you sure, mom? The big girl at school says it’s right here!”
8:45 p.m. Prayers, kisses, hugs, bed
9:00 p.m. “I’m thirsty!”
9:15 p.m. Aaaaaahhhhhhh! Finally!

And shortly after posting this blog......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

No comments: