Sunday, June 3, 2007

God, Thank you for my friends.



My Friday was lousy....really lousy. Not only did I have to go back to work, and feel guilty about leaving Connor when I really didn't have to, but my mouth was killing me from the dentist, and sometimes working at an elementary school is like being in highschool all over again. Petty arguments.....backstabbing....two-faced "friends".......gossip, gossip, gossip.....cliques, mean-spirited actions....you get the idea. Put 100 women in a building together all day long and this is what you get...sorry girls, but you know it's true! Being back in the building just made me all sour because I was ready to escape that by the end of the year.

Anyways, all day Friday, I just didn't want to be there. It took a lot of cheering up and a good time at the drive-in on Friday night to bring a smile to my face (We saw Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3). So, on Saturday, I was still feeling all hopelessly blah, but I ended up having a great weekend. On Saturday, our good friends, Nancy and Jeff came in from Nashville, and we have never been together when I didn't wish we had more time. We ate at Trio, let our boys play in the fountains at Market Square, ate Bruster's ice cream, and stayed up late talking about nothing and everything at the same time. We also marveled at how our two sons, completely unrelated, could pass for brothers. Same hair color, same skin, same eyes...it's freaky!

On Sunday, we visited Crossings. Connor was totally confused to go to church in a movie theatre. When we pulled in, he asked me, "Mom, are we going to see a movie?" I told him, "No, we're going to church." He said, "Oh!" with a really weird look on his face. As we walked up the ramp to the theatre, he looked at all the movie posters, and then as he walked inside and saw the concession stand his face lit up and he said, "Mom, this is a very special kind of church." It was really funny. We got to see lots of faces we haven't seen in a while, and it was a great service.

After lunch at my very favorite restaurant, Puleo's, Mandy and I hosted a tea for some friends and family. I got to talk to friends that I hadn't seen in a while, and once again, Mandy and I were amazed at how well we can work together and pull off something at the last minute,and when we're of course, running behind! (Her bowls matched my table decorations, without planning for it! We're dorks!) And of course, I got to laugh hard at how funny Jaime Below is (I'm really going to miss her!) and see her very interesting little pen she had with her! After the Haney's left on Sunday, a friend we haven't spent time with in a while brought his family over and dessert. It was great to get reconnected!

So, even though Friday I was blah, tonight I sit here with a smile on my face, thankful for all my friends. Especially you, Mandy and Nancy, two of my very best friends. Thank you for making me laugh and for brightening up my weekend. Thank you for being the opposite of everything that was getting me down at work. You reminded me how true friends make you feel. I love you both!

And tomorrow...back to the trenches.

No comments: