Thursday, January 3, 2008

Holiday Pics!



How did Santa know I wanted a BLUE bike??




Christmas morning...we're looking a little tired!



My boy...riding his bike in his pajamas and favorite "army" boots....ALL BOY!



Happy 2008! Ringing in the new year at my parents. My little brother, Daddy, Momma, and Me!

Happy holidays....a little belated! We had a great Christmas and New Year! Christmas Eve consisted of a lot of running around as usual, trying to spend time with everyone we love. Christmas Day, all of our family members came to the house for breakfast and spent time with Connor as he opened his gifts. We love having our two families together, and Connor loves having everyone together! We continued our long running Christmas tradition of Chinese food for dinner and then a movie. Connor was dying to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, and he loved it! I spent most of last week, relaxing and shopping with all of my giftcards. It was a good week!

Greg and I got each other some "different" Christmas presents this year. Greg is really into cooking lately, so I bought him cooking classes at Williams-Sonoma and a really nice pie dish from Williams-Sonoma. He has been wanting to learn how to make pies..see his blog for the details...it's a little different, I know! He has made some GOOD pies the past week. I'm not so sure about how much I like this new hobby of his....it's hard to eat healthy with pies laying around! Greg got someone to design this adoption blog for us. Our old site was just a template from blogger. I love it, and have decided to design my nursery around it! He also got me travel guides to Taiwan, which I've been wanting.

Mom and Dad had us all over for New Year's Eve. Mom cooked way too much food, and we stayed up way too late playing cards. We had a GREAT time, and it was wonderful welcoming in the New Year all together with the people we love the most.

As far as a New Year's resolution, I think we both are trying to be healthier, eating a lot better, and we bought new mountain bikes on New Year's Eve. Biking is something we both love, and we've been wanting our own bikes for a while now. Connor's favorite Christmas gift was his bike, so we thought it would be a great family thing to do!

Only 4 days till I go back to work...ugghhhh! I plan to have lots of fun, see a lot of friends, and do a little more shopping! We are looking forward to next weekend, as we'll head to Gatlinburg for TCTC. We always love going up there to volunteer and hang out with our friends. Connor's 4th birthday is also in a few weeks (I can't even make the words come out of my mouth....FOUR YEARS OLD???????) January is a busy month..what month isn't in our house?

In the next few weeks, we are praying to get our homestudy back and sent for preapproval to Taiwan. Keep praying for us, as we should be getting in line in the next few weeks! We'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

Great pictures Jessica!!! How cool that you guys got new bikes for Christmas/New Year's. We LOVE to bike ride as a family - I think we go almost every day in the summers! It's a fun family activity.

I'm glad you had such a good time over the holidays. The gift-card shopping sounds like way too much fun! :)

I'll be watching with anticipation for your log-in date to the waiting list!!! So exciting!

Rebecca