Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fingerprints??????

It's been almost a month since the Memphis USCIS office received our I-600A application and we still have no word on a fingerprinting appointment. Almost every other blog that I've read had their appointments by now. Any fellow adoptive parents have any insight to this????? Greg keeps telling me not to worry, all we need to get in line is our homestudy, but I just want this done! I just hate depending on other people to do things that are very important to me... it's just me being a control freak, yes I know!

Okay, I really will post Christmas pics very soon, I'm just having fun doing nothing productive these past few days! I'm doing some serious vacationing here! Usually, our vacations consist of going non-stop, so I am thoroughly enjoying sitting around! I am so relaxed! A girl could get used to this!

2 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Oooh, I think it just depends on the office as to how quickly they process you through. It took our very NON-busy office about a month, so I would say you're on track as far as timing. Hopefully it's soon!!!

(I know how you feel though... I am exactly like you as far as personality - kind of control-freakish and hating having to depend on other people!!!!) Just know it WILL happen and that appointment will come... eventually! :) Don't you just hate that comment? It's like being 9-1/2 months pregnant and people saying, "Oh, he can't stay in there forever, it will happen!!" And you just want to go, "How bout it happens NOW!!!" :)

I'll be praying you hear about that appointment soon... in the meantime, enjoy the R&R!!

Rebecca

JackieMacD said...

Hi - just wanted to add... due to the holidays, things are probably just a bit slower. It took us 3 weeks or so in the summer. Add 3-day weeks to your timing and it makes sense to be a slight delay (never mind all the office Christmas parties, etc when they close early ;)
Here's wishing you quick news in '08.