Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Short Notice on Fingerprinting!!!

We received our fingerprinting appointments yesterday in the mail. I was relieved that it finally came, and completely annoyed that they gave us exactly one week's notice. I have an Inservice Day with tons of meetings on that day, so I am praying that I can work it out with work. We are highly encouraged not to miss Inservice Days, so I am a little stressed about asking for special treatment. I am truly a person who plays by the rules, and if you know me, you know I HATE asking for favors!!!

So, we're one step closer! Our homestudy is finished! It was faxed to Kansas and they're looking over it to make sure it meets all of their requirements. We should know if we are cleared to get it notarized soon. After that, our agency will forward our official copy on to Taiwan for pre-approval. We are so ready to get in line! Baby steps....it feels like VERY TINY baby steps!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Before you know it the babysteps will be Claire's runnin around your house! Love you! Glad that came through!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica, Paula here. I found your new blog when checking on Greg's recent musings. Though on your side I know it seems slow, from what you've described things are going really rapidly for an international adoption. Since making the "switch" to Taiwan you are progressing at warp speed!!!

Today is the twelfth anniversary of Ethan's arrival at the International terminal in Detroit. I get choked up just typing the words. We are so excited for you guys and will rejoice with each hoop you jump through-- we remember them all!

Praying for Claire-- Paula