Tuesday, December 18, 2007

An Update




We had a great weekend with the Haneys in town. The Watsons came over Saturday, and the girls stayed at home with the kids and the boys went out and did "boy stuff." They always let us have our girls weekends, so we owed them. I guess we owe them a lot more to make up for all the times they've let us make our weekend trips to Nashville. We really enjoyed getting to know Eliza. She is so cute and so sweet! We are looking forward to watching her grow up. I am a nerd and forgot to charge my camera battery, so I have no pictures from their visit.

On Sunday, we went to Crossings. Connor had been practicing singing "My Deliverer is Coming" the past few weeks in class. We had even been practicing at home, using the fireplace as his stage. He was very excited and I was sure he'd be fine. Well, they all gathered for practice at 9 a.m. He sang the song, but wouldn't leave his best friend, Atley alone. He kept hugging him and putting his arm around him. Atley wasn't too amused and Connor was being annoying! Well, that finally stopped, but Connor then proceeded to stick his hand down his own pants and scratch his leg. He has really bad eczema and on his upper thigh, it has gotten so dry, that he actually has blisters. We were in such a hurry that I forgot to put lotion on him that morning. Everyone was laughing at my nearly four year old with his hand down his pants, but of course I was mordified. I managed to track down some lotion before he did the actual song for the service, and luckily avoided that little scene again. So, it's time for the special music. All the kids come in and line up on the stage and Mom and I both notice that Connor is missing. Mom leans over and whispers "Where's Connor?" and at that moment, a giggling little boy starts running down the aisle to the stage. Yes, it was Connor making his grand entrance. He refused to go on stage and wanted to hang out on the stairs. Carrie managed to keep him from falling off, as he did a little monkey routine, and absolutely refused to sing. WHY IS IT THAT YOUR CHILDREN ARE THE SWEETEST AND MOST WELL BEHAVED CHILDREN UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY NEED THEM TO BE IN PUBLIC????

So anyways, enjoy the pic of Connor swinging on the stair rail at church. Look to the far left corner at the munchkin in the red sweater...yes, that's my little monkey! If I could post a picture of the audience, you would see my red face shaking my head, having to fight myself from yanking him off the stage. The other two pictures are of his practice. Sorry, didn't get his little "Al Bundy" moment on film.

Tonight was our homestudy. Connor was a little show-off. He was a little too energetic. Once again, he had been well-behaved ALL DAY until we needed him to be!!! His job was to give our social worker a tour of the house, and he did a great job! He even showed her Mommy and Daddy's toilet--terribly exciting, I know!

I had my medical evaluation today, so now we are just waiting on our fingerprinting appointments, the I-600A approval after that, and for our homestudy to be written. We're almost there!

4 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Hahahaha!!! That is so funny Jessica!!!! What a ham. :) I think I would have felt the same as you - embarrassed but completely amused by the whole situation!!

I'm glad the home visit went well!! I found that our home study was actually pretty fun - way less intimidating than I thought it would be. :) It was still nice to have it overwith though!! You guys are so close to having all that paperwork done... will you get on the waiting list as soon as the home study draft is written?

The Adkins Family said...

Yes, we can get on the list as soon as our home study is written. We're so glad we're not having to wait for the I71-H, as it looks like the Memphis departmetnt is running REALLY slow! In November, they had just finished July's requests!

Once again, I LOVE MY BLOG DESIGN!!! Thanks again! Your new Christmas design is super cute!

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh, that stinks!! We had ours in like 1 week, but we are out in the sticks so our USCIS office must not be as busy!!! :)

On the Taiwan culture info... I absolutely love the site that I linked to in my blog post (www.culture.tw/). There is information about so many things there. You can also go to the CIA Factbook on Taiwan (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tw.html) and Taiwanderful (http://www.taiwanderful.net/). There are a few other interesting sites in the "links of interest" section in my sidebar. If I come across any other Taiwan culture sites, I will send them your way!! I love learning about Taiwan too. :)

Rebecca

Rebecca Lily said...

Jessica, I also wanted to recommend 2 books that I have - "Vignettes of Taiwan" by Joshua Samuel Brown and "Moonbeams, Dumplings & Dragon Boats" by Nina Simonds, Leslie Swartz & the Children's Museum Boston. You can find, and read more about them on Amazon. :)