Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Ballet Recital




I've been teaching ballet after school since September. I teach students at my school, so it has been a very easy way to earn extra money for the adoption. The girls are so cute and sweet, and honestly it's been fun to do something that has nothing to do with academics. They had their little Christmas performance on Thursday, and I was so proud of them! They are a great bunch of girls with a great heart! It has made me feel so great to share something with them, that they might not have been able to experience otherwise. So many of the parents have told me how much they appreciate this opportunity for their girls. I gave each of them a rose after the performance, and the girls got so excited over a silly flower. They kept saying, "Oh my gosh, it's real! Smell it!" I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to work in the environment that I do. I don't know if I could ever teach at a middle-class school. Everyday makes me so thankful for everything that I have, and everyday I just want to love those kids as much as I can. It truly is ministry to me.

The parents gave permission to have their girls pictures released to the media, so I thought it was okay to post a couple of pictures on here. There will possibly be an article in the Knoxville News Sentinel sometime this week, most likely in the "Your Hub" section, as well as write-up in the South Knoxville Times.

No comments: