Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Long Time, No Blogging!

I just realized it's been a couple of weeks since I posted. You can tell it's the end of the school year, because things are insanely busy. I'm slowly working towards the bottom of the paperwork pile. Hopefully I'll get there soon!

This past week has been extremely hard. I found out Friday that one of my former students took his own life. Going to his funeral on Monday was one of the saddest and hardest things that I've ever done. He was a great kid, so much fun to teach, so witty, and extremely intelligent. I spent seven hours a day with him for 180 days, I saw him more in those 180 days than my own family, so needless to say, I have been devastated. I have had such a hard time dealing with his death. First, I was just shocked and heartbroken, then I was mad, so mad that this eleven year old little boy was gone! Now, I just miss him and hope he knew how special I thought he was......it's been a hard week! I have cried and cried, I've punched some pillows, and I just might have thrown some stuff. I know this is an experience that will stay with me my entire life.

On the good news side (Thank you, God that there is some good stuff to talk about), I have five and a half days left of work! Can you hear me screaming and jumping up and down? In all my years of teaching, I've never been this over it! Get me outta there!

Also, more good news....girl's weekend at the lake begins in less than 48 hours! Can you hear me screaming and jumping up and down again? Lots of reading, relaxing, sleeping, and laughing will be taking place. This trip was perfect timing!

Oh, and some more good news, the beach is only three and a half weeks away! Aaaaaaahhh....I can taste summer! Being a teacher rules...well, during June and July anyways.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Eleven, oh my, I cannot even imagine. My oldest son will be eleven in July. Reading this just took my breath. I'm so sorry.

lifelaughterchaos said...

wow. eleven years old?! that is so horrible.

we are STILL waiting for our I 171H to arrive. It's been 2 months. Goodness the INS in PA is slow. It's frustrating because we are still not logged in and the wait times continue to grow. I guess this is where our faith is really real. It's already so hard!