Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hair cuts, Taiwan, and Alarm Clocks

I pretty much stink at posting lately. I dropped my Nikon back in the spring and it has been getting "all fixed up" in New York, so I haven't had any pics to post. I know pictures are much more interesting than my writing, so I just haven't posted. $300 later, the Nikon is fixed, so I should have lots of summer posts.

The girls had a great trip to the lake. We did nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, and it was fabulous! School has been out since Thursday, and I have just been relaxing! It always takes me about a week to get productive! Today I am taking Connor to school so I can get the house under control again. Scrubbing bathrooms and floors is a lot easier to do without a four year old's "help."

I got all of my hair cut off last week, which turned out to be a disaster. Next time you want a drastic hair cut, don't try a new stylist (duh, you might say). I was at the salon for five hours (no, I swear I'm not exaggerating). Despite me telling this stylist that you HAVE to use bleach on my hair because it will turn orange with blonde color, they used color and had to completely redo it. I loved the part when this stylist asked me if I wanted to come back another day to fix it..ummm...I'm not leaving the salon like this, sorry. The color got fixed, and is fine. The cut I am getting used to, even though it is the worst hair cut I've ever had, completely uneven, and one side is longer than the other. I think Greg could have cut it! When I fix it you can't tell, but I am hoping my wonderful mother-in-law can clean up the mess when I see her. (I should've let her do it in the first place, but I just wanted the hair gone! It was on my last nerve!) Anyways, I am in search of a new salon! I have been going to that one forever, but needless to say, I will never go back! Okay, that was way too much talk about hair....Connor did say, "Mommy you look prettier with long hair, I don't like your short hair...boys and long hair...geez!

If you read Greg's blog, you might've read that we are going to try to go to Taiwan over Christmas break. We are wanting to work in the orphanage, get to know the staff there, and experience some of the culture. We really want to be able to give back to the orphanage that will take care of our daughter while we are waiting to get her, and when we travel to get her, we won't be completely lost in a foreign country with a baby! I am really, really praying that this will come through. We both feel like this is what we're supposed to do, we just need money to buy airfare pretty soon before it starts getting more expensive. We are fixing to start ebaying like crazy and have a we're having a huge garage sale this weekend. We are watching our spending like crazy (I'm really not very good at it!), but I know it will be worth it in the end. I do miss my Starbucks beverages!

A few Sundays ago, we overslept for church, so Connor and I made muffins and coffee and had home church. We've actually done this a couple of times. I just read a bible story to him, and we make some crafts (Connor calls this "doing some gluing".) Well, Sunday I wake up about an hour late, my alarm clock turned off, and my little boy giggling. He said, "Mommy, it's time to make muffins and have home church." The little sneak turned off my alarm clock so we could have church at home. I think it's sweet that he thinks that is so fun, but we had to have a LONG talk about turning off Mommy's alarm. He is such a mess....a sweet mess.

On Sunday, Connor and my niece had a campout at my parents' house. They had so much fun! Greg and I had no idea what to do with ourselves without Connor. We ended up going to Border's, out to eat, took a walk, and came home and played Scrabble. Yes, we are an exciting couple! I can't even remember what we did before Connor. I think we must've been bored and well-rested!

Well, this week begins my summer with Connor! It's hard to believe this time next summer I will be getting ready to send him to Kindergarten. I have lots of fun stuff planned and I am so excited to spend so much time with him! But first.....I must get my house clean and under control!

1 comment:

Sara said...

AHHHH-don't remind me about kindergarten, I will cry!!!!!