Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Feel Like A Real Live Mom

My life from August until May: tired, exhausted, moody, the fastest dinners possible, in bed by 10 p.m., up no later than 6 a.m. Basically, 20 third graders getting most of my time, and my family is left with the exhausted mess that walks through the door around 5 p.m. and crashes on the couch no later than 10 p.m.

Oh, but summers.....I get to be a real live Mom and it's so exciting! Here was my day today....good stuff!

8:30- Brew some coffee in my pajamas, make Connor oatmeal, check e-mail while Connor watches cartoons.
9:00-11:00- Have "school" with Connor. Help him learn some new sight words, practice writing on lined paper, practice on some worksheets, color, sing, play some games.
11-11:45- Clean up the house a little, do some laundry, etc.
11:45-12- Make some healthy lunch
12-12:30- Finally shower and lay Connor down for a nap
12:30-3- I'm not sure what I did during this time....I should've been doing something productive, but I didn't.
3:00- Get Connor up from his nap, dressed, snack time, etc.,
3:30 -Go to Sonic for slushes!
4:00- Hang out with Greg at work
4:15-5- Go to the library and check out books
5:00-5:30- Make dinner
5:30- Talk Connor into eating Honey Lime Mahi Mahi and steamed broccoli
6:00- Make homemade peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies
6:30-8- Go for a walk with Connor while he rides his bike
8-0:30- Story time, play time
9:30- Connor bath time and bed
10:00- Curl up with a good book

Aaaahhh.... I feel rested, my house is under control, laundry is going, dishes are clean, I don't feel like I am being pulled in a thousand different directions, I don't feel like I am about to have a panic attack at any moment because I don't feel like I am doing anything well because there is just way too much going on.

Hmmm....I wonder at what point I will get bored : )

2 comments:

lifelaughterchaos said...

that's wonderful that you at least have your summers off. wow! my kiddo doesn't get out of school until June 16th! You are lucky!

By the way, I stay at home and I NEVER get bored. That just makes me laugh out loud thinking about it!;)

The Adkins Family said...

I'd say with three kids, boredom is definitely not an issue! I want a huge family too, I'm just trying to convince Greg it's a great idea!