Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Taiwan

So, back in April we felt led to do an international adoption. We really felt that God was calling us to China, and that week God did everything but write it in the sky that we were supposed to do China. We went out to eat to celebrate our decision and my fortune cookie read, "The one you love is closer than you think." I don't believe in all the horoscopes, lucky numbers, blah...blah..blah, but I do believe in God and how he does things in mysterious ways. I always felt that fortune was a little weird, and tonight as I sat in the same Chinese restaurant and opened a fortune cookie with some random saying, I laughed remembering that fortune I had cracked open 7 months ago. Tonight, I can say that Claire is much closer than we thought.

When we made the decision to switch to Taiwan this weekend, we had no idea what that wait would entail. Now we're being told, in the worst case scenario, we will have Claire home in 20 months. Most likely, it will be 12-18 months. She will probably already be about 10 months old when we bring her home. Greg and I realized tonight that Claire could actually be growing inside of someone right now....it gave me goosebumps!

When we were being called to China, we were intent on being faithful to whatever God called us to do, even when we thought it meant waiting three or four more years to expand our family. I have to say Saturday when God laid upon my heart that it was time to let go, I was relieved. At first I grieved because China was where all of my hopes and dreams were, it was "my plan". All day I have been thinking of Proverbs 16:9 - " A man makes a plan in his heart, but God directs the path." I am so thankful that God has decided to direct our path to Taiwan and is blessing us with a little girl so much sooner than we thought. I said in my blog a couple of weeks ago that I wasn't going to change programs because I didn't like God's timeline and that I wouldn't move unless He told us. Honestly, in all of my life, I've never been more faithful, trusting, or closer to God than I have in these seven months. It has truly been a growing experience. He has been so faithful in guiding us. I am so thankful that I've learned more about trust and faith, and I'm so thankful for His grace, for blessing us with all of this, even though I far from deserve it.

My "Type A" personality is rearing it's ugly head. I have a "to do" list and I want it gone! Greg actually said to me on the way home from dinner, "You need to take a big, fatty, adoption chill pill." Since I have seem to come down with bronchitis, I think I will take a "chill pill" and relax tonight. We got a lot accomplished today, and I am proud of us. Someone once said to Greg, "I don't know how you all are going to get all that paperwork done quickly since Jessica works. It is like a full-time job chasing down all those papers." Greg then responded, "Oh, you don't know my wife, then!" I am on a mission!

We will be starting our official adoption site soon. I have been looking at templates to see what would be good for us. Any name suggestions? I think we'll still keep this page to talk about non-adoption things, and of course, CONNOR!

Please pray for the three of us, and our birthmother, whoever she may be!

No comments: