Saturday, November 17, 2007

Date night, migranes, and adoption

Pretty random little title for my blog, huh?

Last night, Greg and I had a date night. We couldn't even remember the last time we went out by ourselves. We think it might have been July when we were at the beach. We had a great time eating out without constantly entertaining a three year old, to avoid a meltdown. We went to the UT basketball game after dinner, and honestly I really enjoyed just sitting for two hours. It was a good night. Thanks to Connor's "G" for the free babysitting and basketball tickets!

If you know me well, you know that I have been having really bad migraines for a few months now. I finally saw a neurologist this week and found out they are caused by stress and tension. I already knew this, I guess I was just hoping it was something else that I could change a little easier. Not eating a certain food or foods would be so much easier than not being stressed. Anyways, she prescribed a medicine for me, so we could be "proactive" about getting rid of the migraines before they started. I cannot take it because it is against Chinese adoption policies. Despite my great efforts to get her to not write it, she did, and now it is in my file. I called back and had her document in my records that I would not be taking it. I talked to several people from our adoption agency and they think we should be fine, they just might have to do an inquiry into it when it comes up in my records. It was a big stressful mess, so it was no surprise that on Wednesday I had a terrible migraine. I have to track my headaches now on a calendar and it's funny how I'm already seeing a pattern. See if you can see the pattern.

Sunday- no headache
Monday- headache
Tuesday- headache
Wednesday- migraine
Thursday- headache
Friday - no headache
Saturday- no headache so far

Hmmmmmmm...........

This week has been really hard thinking about the adoption and Claire. Seeing pictures of Elly and meeting my nephew has given me "baby fever" as Greg calls it. I have cried everyday, knowing that it will be at least three years before we add to our family. I know we are supposed to adopt from China, but this week I have thought a lot about switching countries, or in the mean time getting pregnant again. I know it's not God's plan for our family, and like I told some of my friends, I refuse to change God's plan for us, just because I don't like His timeline. It was made so clear for us in the Spring what our future was supposed to be, and I have told Him this week, if we're supposed to change our course, you have to give me the same peace and sureness that you did back in April, otherwise, I refuse to move. I am so blessed to have such close friends around me who have given me encouragement this week. I told Greg, I just feel like the closer we get to February, Satan is really trying to mess with me, putting all kinds of things in my path that make me question God's will. I just keep hearing this voice saying, "Trust Me" when I start to doubt. Plus, with the way work is stressing me out this year, I don't think I could do two kids right now. I know God has a plan for us and knows what our family is supposed to look like. I just have to trust. Trust is kind of hard for me. Anyone ever heard my trust fall story? Well, it ended with a broken nose for my poor husband!

Today Greg is going to the football game, so I am going to spend some time with Connor and then this evening, I'm going to pick up my niece and take them to Chuck E. Cheese. Connor is super excited that they get to have a slumber party tonight! Next week is a short week, so I am already feeling a little more relaxed! I am very much looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my family and friends. I hope everyone has a great holiday!

No comments: