Sunday, November 4, 2007

My Weekend

We had a busy weekend in the Adkins house.

Friday was my first day without a headache in almost a week! After work, we went out to eat and then took Connor to the movies.

Saturday Connor and I spent the day with my mom shopping. We found a Captain Hook hat, hook hand, and sword at the Disney store on clearance and had to get it for our dress-up box. He wore it through the entire mall and got lots of looks and laughs! He was hilarious in that huge hat! We met up with Greg at Toys-R-Us after he got back from the game and started a little list for Santa. Yes, Connor once again insisted on wearing his Captain Hook outfit through the entire store.

Today Connor and I skipped church (don't judge me) and went out for breakfast together and played dress-up for two hours (I'm not even kidding). He tried on every single costume in his dress-up box and did a little play for me. It was so nice to spend the morning by ourselves hanging out. That is a very rare thing in our lives. I cherish those times with my little man, and moments like those make it hard to be a working mom. This afternoon, we attended our dear friends' ministry dedication. (Check out The Restoration House link on the side of the page to learn more about this awesome ministry.)

Our weekend ended with Connor's very first homework project (yes, he is in preschool). We had to disguise a paper turkey to keep him from being Thanksgiving dinner. Connor chose to disguise his turkey as a pirate. After digging around the house, we ended up with a pretty cool little turkey pirate, and I ended up with some wicked blisters from the hot glue gun.

I'm off to bed. We have a very long week this week! Tomorrow is Monday and I hate Mondays! It means the weekend is over.

No comments: