Monday, June 18, 2007

Greg Told me to Post Something

Greg told me tonight that I needed to post something because I hadn't in so long, so I guess I need to think of something somewhat interesting............

Last week was busy, lots of meetings. I still had a blast with Connor and soaked up as much time with him as I could. I completely let the house go and spent every second with Connor having fun.....which is huge because tonight I asked Connor, "What does Mom do?" he said, "Clean the house!" "What does Dad do?" he said, "Play with me!" I really am a good mom, I promise! There is just always a lot to clean up with two boys!

Connor and I made our weekly trip to Dollywood/Splash Country. This week we went to Dollywood (we rotate every other week). I got to see Dolly Parton in person, like 3 feet from me. It was a little weird! She looked so fake that at first, I thought it was an impersonator. She looked like a Madame Tussaud's Wax Figure of herself! I must admit, it freaked me out a little. I have never seen someone look so artificial, but I guess that's part of who she is. Sorry to admit it, but I have always loved Dolly, ever since she was in 9 to 5, one of my very favorite movies growing up. My parents love to tell the story of when I was a little girl and it came on TV at like 5 a.m. and I told them I was going to get up and watch it. They didn't think I'd get up that early to watch a movie, but sure enough they came in and there I was eating carrots and watching 9 to 5. (Why do I even remember that I was eating carrots?) See, even as a little girl, I was stubborn and determined to do what people thought I coudn't.

I spent a lot of time this weekend with several friends that I hadn't seen in a while, and of course spent a lot of time at Mom and Dad's swimming. Connor was able to swim for a little while Sunday night without water wings, or anything. He is doing great in the water! I think he is going to have the whole swimming thing down by the end of the summer. We also bought Connor a Power Wheels on Friday, so he has been having some big time fun with that! He calls it his "Monster Truck." He is hilarious in it!

I guess I'll end this blog about nothing with a funny Connor story. Tonight, Greg and I were talking to Connor about his dinner. I was trying to convince him that he really needed to eat some yummy veggies so he could grow up big and strong. He looked at me, without even missing a beat and said, "Well, I don't need to eat them because Daddy always says he wants me to stay little." How does a three year old even think that quickly to make that kind of comeback? Am I in trouble here?

No comments: