Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Best of Both Worlds






Okay, I'm getting spolied! Working part-time RULES! I have been working 25 hours a week teaching summer school. It is super easy, very laid back, and actually pretty fun. It's so neat teaching only seven kids. Usually in the summer, I am bored out of my mind and feel useless when I'm not working. During the year, I feel too busy....this is perfect! Anyone know anyone who would hire a teacher for only 25 hours a week? And.... I still have to get my full-time salary! I know, dream on! I don't know what I am going to do in August when I have to go back to working full-time.

This week was so much fun. I got to make extra money, and still spend a ton of time with Connor. It was totally the best of both worlds. We did swim lessons two days this week, spent one afternoon at the library, spent one afternoon taking a VERY long nap, and Friday, we spent the day at Splash Country. Saturday we hung out around the house, and then went over to Mom and Dad's to swim. My niece (who is only 2 weeks younger than Connor) came over to swim, and she ended up coming home with us and spending the night. We had so much fun! We played with every toy in this house, watched a couple of cartoons, colored giant pictures, and had a water balloon fight. Connor cried when we took her home. On the way home, he kept saying, "I want Marion!" Those of you who have two kids close together...I have a whole new respect for you! How do you do it? I am so tired, even though they both are very well behaved! And we won't talk about the damage to my house! It was worth it. They both had a blast! However, I am very glad my children will be several years apart!

Connor is doing so awesome swimming this year! He is like a little fish in the water. He loves it so much! My goal was to have him out of the lifejacket and only in water wings by the end of the summer, and he is already there! He reminds me of myself growing up. I lived in the pool in our backyard! He is even getting used to the earplugs and headband thing he has to wear to keep the water out of his tubes. I am praying those tubes fall out by next summer, so he won't have to deal with this again next year.

This week will be long. I have to work late every day, because I have to go to two inservices in the afternoon. We have to have way more inservice hours next year, so I am trying to do as much as I can now, so I don't have to give up my evenings in the fall. I am looking forward to my Girl's Night....Mandy and Jaime...don't back out on me! Wednesday night, World Grotto, 6-8 p.m........BE THERE! Anyone else reading this, you can come too! $5 Manicures and if you enjoy adult beverages, they have $3 Martinis and Cosmopolitans. If not, come get a manicure and drink a Coke! You know your husband owes you a night out! Friday, I am planning on letting Connor skip swim lessons and taking him to the kick-off of Kids Fest at Dollywood.

Another busy week....another week of my life!

No comments: