Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day!


After a terrible few weeks, the Adkins family had a GREAT Valentine's Day! Greg and I celebrated on Wednesday night, and then we made Connor our special Valentine on Thursday.

Wednesday started off a little rough. I fell and hurt my wrist really bad! I didn't think much of it, stopping off on the way to work to buy a wrap for it. When I finally got a chance to let the school nurse look at it at during lunch, it was swollen and had a knot in it. She felt like I needed to get an x-ray, so I had to leave work in the middle of the day. Thank God, it was just a damaged tendon, but I have to wear a stupid splint until next week. After that, the day got much better. When I got home from work, Greg told me to pack a bag. We spent the night downtown at the Crowne Plaza, ate an awesome dinner at La Costa, took a much needed nap, and then had dessert at the Melting Pot. We had a relaxing evening and I felt completely destressed.

Thursday was all about Connor! He absolutely loves Valentine's Day! We took him to play at Sprout Studio, took him to Toys-r-Us to spend his Valentine money from Nana and Granddaddy, picked out some new books and videos from McKay's, and ate yummy pizza at Gondolier. We had a great night as a family and all night long Connor kept saying, "Happy Valentine's Day!"

Well, my Valentine's present was a relaxing night away from home. Greg, too gets a night away from home! For Valentine's Day, the girls decided to fly their hubbies to Chicago for the weekend in a few weeks! We have dubbed it, "The Mancation." They always let us get away, so we're hoping they'll have a great time together. Check out their picture in the Windy City...awesome, huh? Nothing like a little cutting and pasting....I need to learn how to use Photoshop!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Jessica,

You log more hours at the hospital than anyone I know. You should get some type of frequent visitor discount. Hey - you girls did a great job on the "Mancation". We are going to have fun.

Greg - Nancy just called me and told me to check out this blog. You totally outdid me on the Valentine's day gift. All she got from me was a poem...yes a poem. She liked it (or at least she said she did) until she read what you did for Jessica. Good job. Now she's burned the poem and demanding a hotel get-away like Jessica got. Thanks.