Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Zoo




We have not spent any time together as a family in a week! I've been in Florida and Greg has been running sound for a musical at CAK at night. Today is the first time since we've all been together for a substantial amount of time since last Friday night's dinner out to celebrate our decision to adopt Claire. (We ate Chinese! Yes, we totally admit it is cheesy, but it was Greg's idea!) And by the way, my fortune cookie read, "The one you love is not as far away as you may think."

Greg has been dying to take Connor to the zoo. Connor has only been to the Knoxville Zoo one time with his Mimi while Greg and I were in Mexico. I guess you can count the Animal Kingdom at Disney as a zoo too. So, Greg pulled me out of bed this morning and basically had to drag me to the zoo. I am not an animal person and it was raining, plus I had spent way too much time at theme parks this week, so this wasn't my idea of a perfect Saturday. But, the rain let up and we had a great day. Connor couldn't wait to see the penguins and said, "Look, it's Happy Feet!" Despite all of the animals, he really just wanted to run around and play. He loved petting the goats, milking the fake cow, and most of all playing on the playground at Kids Cove. It's funny how I can do something I don't really want to do, but I love it anyway because of the joy on Connor's face. I love that little boy!

No comments: