Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Money for Jesus



Every Wednesday night, Connor goes to his Cubbies group at church. For two hours, he listens to a Bible lesson, makes a craft, sings songs, and plays a few games. They all wear these cute little vests and earn patches as they memorize verses. He loves Cubbies! Each week they are asked to bring an offering. When Connor started wanting to put the money in his piggy bank to buy a train, we had to tell him that it was his money for Jesus. Well, last week, this totally confused Connor because he wanted to see Jesus to give him the money. I explained to him that he couldn't see Jesus, he could only feel him. Greg and I went on to explain that Jesus lives inside of your heart. Well, tonight I gave him his "money for Jesus" and he started hitting his chest with it. He said, "I can't get it in." I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I'm trying to give the money to Jesus, he's inside my heart. I can't get in there." I didn't even know where to go from there and I could not stop laughing.

By the way, Connor's new favorite drink is "Apple Spider" from Starbucks. Don't tell the Health Department!

No comments: