Friday, January 2, 2009

Taiwan Journal #7 - Top 8 Foods We've Seen Eaten on Sticks

Here in Taiwan there are many, many street markets. They're everywhere, they're fun, they're crowded, and there are LOTS of unusual foods served by street vendors. We've only been brave enough to try a few (giant fried chicken which was kind of gross and pork dumplings which were amazing) but we hope to get a little bit braver to try some more...

Back home when we're at the fair, there's nothing better than snacks on a stick... corn dogs, corn on the cob, pickles, whatever. Here in Taiwan, they have also discovered the joy of serving food on a stick. Here is a list of the things we've seen eaten on a stick.

8. candy coated strawberries
7. candy coated cherry tomatoes (like a candied apple except it's a tomato... weird)
6. tofu
5. corn-dog
4. fish balls
3. crab legs
2. grilled squid
1. octopus tentacles

3 comments:

angela said...

I started to ask for pictures, but I think we might be better off without...

Casey said...

I am absolutely LOVING your blog.
I hope Claire comes home to you much sooner than you think. I will be thinking of you.

Casey

R... said...

Oh, I *love* the dan bing, which is basically an egg in some scallion bread which is then deep fried. The best one I had was in Taipei at the big market. The desserts are also very good. Oh, I could go on and on!! ENJOY!!

R...