Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Party!











Connor's birthday party was Saturday. Usually his parties are a little big, and I do all the food, gift bags, etc. myself. On Christmas Eve, it hit me that we were going to be gone for a week and a half, and I knew life would be crazy busy after we returned, so after opening presents, I called up Smart Toys and Books and told them I'd love to book a Star Wars party and was thrilled when they said they'd take care of EVERYTHING! It was money well spent, although it did feel a little strange Friday night with nothing to prepare for! We turned out to have more guests than we anticipated (14 Junior Jedis plus Connor), and the room was a little cramped and a little chaotic for my taste (I was trying to not act like a former teacher, but it was hard!) Connor said he had a blast, and it was wonderful to see how many friends my little social butterfly has! They played lots of games, dressed up as Jedis, ate a cool R2-D2 cake, and most importantly, had a giant lightsaber fight! Connor agreed to collect food to donate to a food pantry in lou of birthday gifts, and we collected a pretty decent sized box of food, plus about $28 in cash that we will give to the pantry so they can buy additional food. It was a great birthday for our little man....or I guess our big man now....sniff...sniff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is 5 years old! WOW1!!!