Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's been a good week....It's about to get even better!

I have had a GREAT week! It's been so nice! Even though I had to sit in workshops on Monday and Tuesday for work, I got to see all my co-workers. I haven't seen them since May, and I missed them!

Monday, I got to get rid of my nightmare car and I got a good ole' dependable Honda Pilot! I have heard such great things about them, so I am hoping that we made a good choice, although the gas mileage is already killing me. I went from a car that got 26/34 mpg to a car that gets like 15/21.

Tuesday evening, our third grade team had game night, and we had a lot of fun. I don't think any other group of people can make me laugh like them. They're loud and hilarious. We had a really great time, and I didn't even get home until after midnight...it's been a LONG time since I stayed out that late. I am getting old!

Wednesday, I got to spend some time with my best friend from middle and high school, and her adorable little girl. It was really great to catch up. I am so busy, and I hate how I lose touch so easily with people. Life just gets so crazy, and then you haven't seen someone in three years. It's ridiculous, but I have vowed to do better! After swimming with them, Mom and I went to Target and shopped for "The Family Christmas Shop." Right when we got there, they were marking down aisles upon aisles of toys to clearance, and we got two carts piled high with stuff. My small group had given me some money, and then mom and I bought some too. We had such a great time shopping! Connor got into it too, and told the cashier upon her inquiry of all the toys, "They're for kids who don't have any toys." He is so sweet!

As soon as I shower and pack, we're dropping Connor off and Nana and Granddaddy's and we're headed to the Haney's in Nashville to meet up with them and the Watson's. We're spending a few days at Nancy's parent's lakehouse in Kentucky. It is such a beautiful place, and I am so thankful that her family is so kind to have shared it with us so many times! I am so excited to end a good week with great friends, and I am sure with a lot of laughing! I am always thankful for my life, but this week has just been filled with so many blessings. It's been such a good week, and if I know my best friends, it's about to get better!

2 comments:

Katie said...

It was so great to see you yesterday and catch up too! Life gets so busy and we tend to get wrapped up in a routine that sometimes doesn't include making time for old friends. I am sorry it had been so long since we last saw each other. Connor is so sweet and intelligent! I loved getting to see you and Greg in him. Have a great time at the lake and see you soon!

Rebecca Lily said...

Hey Adkins family!!! Haven't dropped by in awhile, but I promise I will visit more often!! :) Cool on the Honda Pilot, we love those (but not the mpg's unfortunately, or we might have one too!!) Your nightmare car sounds HORRIBLE and I'm sure you are relieved to have traded it in for something more... well, reliable!!! I'm glad the week went well - have a wonderful time in KY!

Rebecca