Saturday, June 28, 2008

Taiwan

Well, after a lot of prayer and a lot of thought about finances, we bought our tickets to Taiwan today. I am so excited, I can't stop smiling! We leave for Taipei December 27th and will return January 4th. During that week, we will explore the country and try to learn as much as we can about our daughter's heritage. We will also spend time in her orphanage, doing anything that they need us to do, and hopefully get to know the people who will be taking care of our daughter until we are allowed to go get her.

I will turn thirty in August and I've never been on a foreign mission trip before, so this is like my own little mission trip! We are very excited and feel so blessed to have this opportunity to visit Taiwan before we go over to get Claire. Yay God! Thank you so much for making this happen!

4 comments:

Sarah C said...

Congratulations Adkins family. I am so glad God showed you how to make this happen.

Tiffany Travis Sexton said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am for you guys to go to Taiwan early. It's really a brilliant and "God" idea. I wish we could go with you! I wish we could have seen you guys too. We would have tried, but Cathie had surgery on Friday and we had wedding stuff on Saturday. We will be coming to Knoxville again this Summer so we will have to see you guys then!

The Adkins Family said...

You guys should come with us : ) It could be a little mission trip for you too : ) We're flying out of Nashville, so you could just climb on board! Now, if I can just figure out how to not want to bring them all home with me! I told Greg we might be changing our paperwork to bring home more than one. I don't think he was amused!

Jeff said...

I just left a comment on your hubby's site. Congrats on getting your tickets. That is awesome. You're right - you will definitely want to bring some of the babies home with you.

Nancy and I only got to spend about 30 minutes or so at Eliza's orphanage so I think it's great that you will be able to spend lots of time there.