Friday, June 6, 2008

So Outta Here!

This has been a really long week! I have been in training for the past three days because the state of Tennessee is changing all their learning expectations for students, and I got the joy of learning about it all so I can go back and tell our school about it. Yes, it was as exciting as it sounded. I kept thinking of everything that I had to get done, so I was completely antsy. That on top of the fact that I am not used to sitting for seven hours straight!

We are leaving super early in the morning for Florida. We are all so excited to get out of here! I'm getting ready to start packing up the car after I post. We are planning on doing nothing but playing, relaxing, reading, laughing, and more relaxing! We always have a great time down there!

Connor has been very funny this week. He is so literal, and I think he might grow up to be a lawyer like his "G" because he seems to find the loophole in everything I tell him lately. First example, we went to Sonic for a slush and they gave him a mint. After he finished his slush, he wanted to open his mint and eat it as we were driving down the interstate. I explained to him that I didn't like him eating in the car because if he were to accidentally choke, I couldn't get to him quickly. So, he found the loophole. He opened the mint, held it between two fingers, and proceeded to lick the entire thing until it was gone. Today, we were coming out of CVS. We were coming towards the end of the sidewalk, and were standing right in front of my car. He almost stepped off the sidewalk, and I told him he knew that he couldn't go in the parking lot without holding a hand. So, he clasped both of his hands together and said, "I"m holding my hand" with a giggle. I gave him "the look" and he then took my hand. Loopholes.....

I'll post some pics from the beach as soon as we get some! See you in a week, Knoxville!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss you already! I am jealous but hope you have fun. Love ya!!-M