Sunday, July 1, 2007

My Real Summer Begins

Summer school is finished! My real summer vacation has now begun! I don't know what I'd do if I had to have a real job! Twenty-nine years, and I've always had summers off!

Anyways, I know I've been terrible about posting on here. Mostly, because I don't have much to say lately, but tonight I ordered a new camera, one I've dreamed about having for a while now, so I will have lots of pictures to post! My dad is a great photographer, and did it on the side as a hobby when I was growing up. We even had a darkroom in our house in Birmingham. I always loved helping him develop pictures, and I remember being so dumbstruck as a picture appeared before my very eyes, as I would help him rock photo paper back and forth in a tray of nasty smelling stuff. It always amazed me how that image got captured and made to appear on a piece of paper. Since then, I have always loved pictures, taking them, looking at them, and still trying to figure out the science of it all...so I am so excited to finally have a nice camera.....and in time for our beach vacation next week! Hopefully it will be here by Thursday, so I can start playing before we leave on Sunday! And...I'm really glad it's all digital now, so I don't have to smell those nasty chemicals.

I've got a pretty laid back week. Tomorrow, I start off my vacation with a house cleaning party...fun times! Wednesday we're having a big 4th of July celebration at my parents, Thursday and Friday Greg is in Asheville starting his new album, and Sunday we're leaving for a week in Florida.

I can't decide if I'm excited that summer school is finally over, or sad that today is July 1st.....where did the first half of my summer go?

No comments: