Thursday, July 26, 2007

Enjoying the last of summer!

I just noticed tonight that I haven't posted in almost two weeks. I've been busy trying to enjoy my last few days of summer!

My week in Nashville was great and very relaxing. This week, I've tried to do a few projects around here, so my summer won't seem like a complete waste! I've been cleaning carpets, baseboards, hanging up pictures, running a million errands, etc. I have a few more things on my list to do before school starts.

Greg took Connor to see "Thomas Live" on Tuesday. I was sad it was a "boy's only" night, but I surprised Connor with a new Thomas shirt and a pair of light up Thomas tennis shoes. He was very excited and told me, "Mom, I'm gonna look so cool tonight!"

Today, Greg and I took Connor to Dollywood. We had a great time. Connor really doesn't ride many of the rides anymore. He's all about the shows. Today we saw "Hank the Cowdog", "The Little Engine That Could", and watched the Illusionists. That was fine with us because it was hot and crowded! Disney has ruined Greg, because everytime he's at Dollywood, he's always griping about how Disney does it better. Ummmm, honey........IT'S DOLLYWOOD!

Tomorrow, I'm taking Connor to North Carolina to visit my grandmother. I told you, I'm packing it all in!

I technically go back to work a week from this coming Monday, but I have two meetings next week, and I have to get my classroom set back up, so really, I go back to work this Monday. Boo! The only thing keeping me in a good mood is our lake trip next weekend. I can't wait to relax and hang out with our best friends......and it's adults only, so it will be an extra relaxing 3 days! It will be a GREAT way to end a great summer.

This summer seemed so short, but it's been fun! And.....only 3 months to Disney!

No comments: