Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and Adios!







We leave tomorrow for Taiwan! I can't even believe it's time! I'm still not packed, but I swear I'm going upstairs to take care of that in a minute. Talk about procrastination! We're planning on doing a little bit of shopping in the morning and then we head out to Nashville. We fly out early Saturday morning with stops in Dallas and Tokyo, before Taipei.

We had a wonderful Christmas. We had both sides of our family here this morning, and enjoyed a yummy Christmas lunch, that I thankfully pulled off without any disasters. I'm usually a good cook, but I kept thinking, if I mess something up, it's not like I can just run out and grab something else! Since Greg and I were dating, we have always had the tradition of going to a movie and eating out Chinese food on Christmas evening, and we have had so much fun carrying that on with Connor! Tonight we spent some great time as a family, enjoying our last evening together for several days!

This will be our last post for a few days. We'll be out of communication completely for about 24 hours. We'll hopefully post again on Monday evening (Monday morning here at home). Please pray for us as we travel to the other side of the world, and please pray for our family back home! Please pray for protection for not only us, but for Connor and everyone else here helping to take care of him. Check back for exciting pictures and video of our great adventure! My fortune cookie tonight read, "A pleasant surprise is in store for you soon in the coming week." We'll see!

Enjoy our holiday pics from the past two days! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: