Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's About That Time!






I can't believe Christmas is this week! Time has flown by. I am so thankful that I started Christmas shopping early this year, even though I still have had a hard time getting it all done. I feel like I've been wrapping presents for days. Hopefully, that will get finished up tomorrow, as well as trying to get the house cleaned up and ready. Then add in the grocery shopping to feed 10 people Christmas lunch, which I'm actually very excited about, and trying to pack up to leave the country the day after Christmas. It's hard trying not to be stressed in the midst of it all, but I am in great anticipation about the good things on the other side of it all.

I cannot believe we leave for Taiwan early Saturday morning. We drive to Nashville Friday night to spend the night, and then head to the airport at about 5 a.m. We finally make it to Taiwan Sunday morning our time, Sunday evening Taiwan time, after a short layover in Dallas, and a 4 hour layover in Tokyo. It's hard to believe this time next week we'll be on the other side of the world! We are scheduled to make our first visit to the orphanage Monday morning and have a huge suitcase full of donations thanks to Powell Church. Monday evening, we will explore Taipei. Tuesday we are scheduled for private cooking lessons which will last a good portion of the day, and Wednesday we plan to enjoy ringing in the New Year at Taipei 101, which looks to be an amazing fireworks show. We also plan on making several more trips to the orphanage, visiting a hot springs, and hopefully making it to some parks and museums. We have so much to pack in! I am having some slight anxiety about being on the other side of the world from my baby boy, but I know he is in good hands with Mimi, and the rest of his grandparents are right here to help too if needed. It's just a little scary as a momma!

Here are some Christmas pics of Connor getting into the Christmas spirit. I think he's ready! Also included are pictures of Connor, Atley, and Ava rockin' out at the Ralph's World concert last weekend. They had front row seats and thought they were pretty cool little cats! We had a great time!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hello from Taiwan! I've e-mailed you guys a few times but haven't heard back. Maybe my messages went into your junk mail folder? We're going out of town on a tour Tuesday-Wednesday but will be back in Taipei Thursday-Friday... then back Tuesday-Friday next week. Wishing you all safe travels!