Saturday, November 29, 2008

Possibly The Youngest Running Away from Home Note Ever.....

Today I have been doing nothing but cleaning and decorating for Christmas since 8 a.m. I pretty much change most of my downstairs decorations for the holidays. I absolutely love Christmas!! Connor has been very consumed with drawing and writing for the past couple of weeks. I knew that today I would be very busy, so I bought him a floor drawing pad so he wouldn't get too bored during my cleaning and decorating frenzy. I was in the middle of cleaning the dining room and Connor comes in to find me with a huge sheet of paper held close to his chest. "Mom" he says. "I have a very sad note for you" He produces this:



(Mommy translation: "Mom, I am leaving. --Connor" )

I think he might have gotten a little bored today! He told me he was taking his Daddy on a boy's only trip to "Snagalooga." (Another Mommy translation: "Chattanooga"). We were supposed to go Friday but he came down with a massive ear infection and an upper respiratory infection and we've been trying to make him take it easy, despite the fact that he refuses to believe he's sick! So, he's not even five and already planning to leave home. Oh, how I can't wait for the teenage years!

3 comments:

angela said...

I can't decide which is funnier - that Connor thinks he has it so bad, or that he says "Snagalooga"! Cute!

The Adkins Family said...

The kid LOVES going to Snaggalooga. He has no idea that it's not called that and we actually call it that too so who knows when he might actually find out... I can imagine him like in 3rd grade in social studies class dropping "snaggalooga" in class and getting laughed at.

Maybe we should tell him! :)

Aunt Denise said...

When Connors cousin Jordyn was around his age, she was tired, wanting to go to bed so Santa could visit. Karen and Dennis had 1 more family visit to make. Jordyn clouded up and said, " I do not like Tappaloosa. I didn,'t leave anything in Tappaloosa. I AM NOT GOING TO TAPPALOOSA!" Her mom calmly told her, "No Jordyn, you are NOT going to Tappaloosa." End of conversation. Love you all. Even Greg! Kidding.