Saturday, November 22, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!




My very favorite Christmas song is, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and let me tell you, it's COLD outside!!!

Greg had a commitment last night, so I had promised Connor a couple of weeks ago, knowing Daddy had plans, that I would take him to Dollywood on Friday. I thought we'd get up there before it got crazy crowded for Christmas, and figured that this time of year it would be chilly, but not crazy cold. Boy, was I wrong! It was extremely cold yesterday here in Knoxville, and even colder up in the mountains. I couldn't even talk anyone else in to joining us, and got the "you're crazy" a few times.

Despite the weather, I wanted to keep my promise, so we wore about fifteen layers and headed out. We had so much fun! As soon as we got there, we filled the biggest mug that we had with hot chocolate to keep us warm. There was no one in the park, and we pretty much walked right onto everything. We watched Polar Express in 4D twice, rode a few rides, visited Santa in his workshop, and got a window seat at a restaurant so that we could eat our dinner, drink our warm beverages, and watch the parade from inside. My very favorite part of the night was when we took the train ride. We cuddled up in our blanket, had our big mug of hot chocolate, and rode up the mountain looking at all the beautiful Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music. It definitely put me in the Christmas mood! Connor had a giant smile on his face the whole time. I think that train ride might be one of my favorite memories as a mommy!

I am now ready for the holidays...as soon as I thaw out!

No comments: