Monday, September 3, 2007

Recharged

The past two weeks have been beyond awful. Work is killing me. We have new programs this year, and I feel like I am a first year teacher again. I have not left work before 5:30 one night, and my head has not hit the pillow until after 1:30 a.m. It's been exhausting physically and emotionally. I feel like I am grumpy at school and short with the kids due to my lack of sleep and when I come home I am so drained, I feel like I have nothing left to give Greg and Connor. I justify being a working mother because usually teaching is a family friendly job......not so family friendly this year! This weekend I did nothing but lay around, take naps, watch movies, and admire how handsome and funny my little man is. We had great family time, laughed a lot, and cuddled a ton. The long weekend came at the perfect time. I think I'm recharged somewhat. I could use a few extra days! Hmmm....I do have a lot of sick days to take.

No comments: