Thursday, August 23, 2007

Countdown to 30!


Yesterday was my 29th birthday. It was the best birthday I've had in a long time!

It started out VERY ROUGH! For the first time in my entire teaching career, I completely overslept....by over an hour! I didn't even wake up until 7:15, fifteen minutes past the latest time I ever walk out the door! I was thinking it was going to be a rotten birthday, but I got to school and my good friend had a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato (my very favorite) waiting on me. My desk was covered in presents, my kids had written the sweetest cards, and I kept getting text messages (thanks Greg) wishing me a happy birthday. Greg and Connor brought lunch and 29 roses that afternoon, and my intern surprised me with the cutest pink cake that I've ever seen. She made it herself! My team dropped by for cake and serenaded me in the loudest rendition of "Happy Birthday" that I've ever heard, so loud that my friend came from next door to see what was going on in my classroom! We had dinner at my favorite Knoxville restaurant, Puleo's and headed to Mom's for homemade cheesecake. It was such a great day.
Honestly, it has been a long time since that many people actually seemed to care about my birthday. It's nice to feel special every now and again!

Now we count down six months until February when we can start our adoption paperwork! I'm so ready to get Claire home and we haven't even started yet! Who ever thought someone would look forward to 30?

No comments: