Monday, August 31, 2009

Awesome Fundraiser!!!!

We had the conclusion of our biggest adoption fundraiser, "Bears for Claire" last night. It was completely overwhelming how many generous people were willing to help! I truly thought we would struggle to reach $1,000 in donations, but once again God was so good to us and we ended up raising a little over $3,000!!!! AMAZING!!! Thank you to everyone who donated your services or prizes and asked for nothing in return! Thank you so much!! If you know me well, you know guilt could be my middle name, and I was so sad last night that I couldn't give every single person that donated a prize of some kind. I wanted everyone to win! I kept telling Greg how nervous I was every time I drew a number for a prize. I truly am so thankful for everyone who helped us, and I pray that someday I have the opportunity to help you!!! Because so many gave so freely to us, we wanted to take part of our donations and give them to help another family adopting a little girl from Taiwan as well (They are naming her Claire too!! Good name!) So, please know, if you participated in any way in "Bears for Claire", you helped two families bring their Claire home! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

2 comments:

Meriam said...

Not all of us have been called to adopt a child into a family, but we have all been called to care for orphans and a good way to do that is to help you bring Claire home! That is a prize enough for me.

Abigail said...

it would have been my joy to donate even if i hadn't won anything - the cd's were just a bonus.