Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Update....

We leave for the annual Disney trip in two days and we are so excited! We changed our original plans, and ended up renting a house in Orlando to stay for the week. Originally we were just going to stay for a couple of days and go to my mother-in-law's house for a few days, but my mother-in-law has a client who is going to get us some free tickets. Who can turn down changing a 2 day Disney trip into a 4 day Disney trip...not us! Also, my mom decided to join us at the last minute, and we are so excited for her to go to Disney for the first time. Connor is going to have so much fun with his Nana and Mimi. I wonder if he'll notice Daddy and Mommy are even there!

I finally made a decision about school.....I'm going back! I sent in my deposit to hold my place in the program yesterday. It is a year-long program. I'll begin in August and end next summer. The program is fixing to completely change, so I needed to get in while the administrative endorsement was easier to get. Just when I was getting my student loans paid down, I have to take out more! It's so stressful, but something that I feel like if I'm going to do it, I need to do it now.

Everyone keeps asking us about the adoption. No, we haven't heard anything. No, we won't hear anything for probably about two years. Right now people are waiting for the average of 30 months for a referral, then add 8-10 more months for court papers to go through before they can even travel to get their child. We're approaching our 1 year mark in a few weeks. I am beyond frustrated with the adoption lately, and quite honestly if it weren't for Greg encouraging me to hang in there, I would have given up two months ago after returning from Taiwan and the reality check we were given by the orphanage director. I never wanted my kids 7 or 8 years apart and we decided not to go with China for that reason. I am not pretending anymore that I'm not frustrated or angry because I am. I'm ready to go ahead and get pregnant again, so, if God has a plan, I hope he gives me some encouragement soon, because quite frankly, I'm ready to surrender. It's hard when you do what you feel God has asked you to do and feel like you have been totally abandoned. Two years ago we felt the calling to adopt, we've been faithful and patient, but there is just a limit that I'm reaching where I am starting to really feel completely hopeless. Connor desperately wants a sibling and I do not want to wait three more years for a baby to come into our home. I've been holding all of this in for a while, only talking to my closest friends, but I just don't understand it all.

So, I've been trying to distract myself from adoption depression with different things! Part of the reason I'm going back to grad school again...distraction. I've also been working out like crazy, and now have a new obsession with Pilates. How you cannot break a sweat but get an unbelievable workout, I don't understand, but this is definitely for me! Working out has helped to eliminate almost all the pain that I was feeling on the right side of my body. I'm still having a few problems with my sciatic nerve, but it's definitely improving! Greg is doing an awesome job on his health kick too! I'm so proud of him! He's lost five pounds. Connor loves going to the gym as well, and goes to "Kid's Club." It's been really fun to get healthy as a family. Another distraction I've found lately is with coupons. If you know me, you know I love a good deal, but lately I've been actively trying to see how much money I can save. It's like a game to me, and I'm having fun! Everything from eating out to groceries to stores, I'm getting some good deals!

Well, our next update will be from Disney! I can't wait to see Mickey! We'll let you know how Connor's first plane ride goes! Hope everyone has a great Spring Break!

5 comments:

Tiffany Travis Sexton said...

We've been having a hard time too. Hang in there. I know God has a plan. I told Justin, I feel like the one God forgot. . . That's just a feeling though, not reality. Have fun at Disney!

Holly said...

Oh Jessica...my heart is heavy for you. I hope you have a good adoption support group.
We had/have a FANTASTIC one through our agency....I still turn to them for help and we hold one another's hands (so to speak) while we wait.
It sure is hard to comprehend why the NSN wait is so stinkin' long when there are SO many children sitting in orphanages getting older without parents.
We've had our own lessons to learn as God totally turned our plans upside down with our second adoption attempt. He is good and His plans can be trusted, but sometimes they hurt a great deal.
Perhaps you will have another biological child during your wait.
I don't know if Taiw@n has a SN program or not, but that is the program we were led to with Josiah (Chin@).
We feel that if we are ever ready after what we just lived through to do it again, special needs would be our preference again.
I know that we didn't get to know each other well when we lived in Knoxville, but your journey to Claire has made a heart connection for me and I will continue to pray for your family as you wait upon the Lord.
Enjoy your vacation!
Blessings,
Holly McD@neld

Robin said...

We were originally with the Cathwell program as well. Our youngest is the same age as your son and we too were hoping our children would be closer in age. Our agency opened up the TWCA program in Taiwan. Our referral time was much faster. The TWCA program is more expensive though, as you pay for the child care while the babies are in Taiwan. I am writing this in case you want more info on this program.
The wait and the uncertainty is so hard. My heart goes out to you.

www.ababygirlforus.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

iseYES,YES,YES!!!! I am so excited I could tt my pants! I CAN wait for Claire, now. I was getting a little frustrated, myself, and to think-a new niece AND a new nephew(or niece) in 2-3 years. Now, if I could only get my hands on and feast my eyes on Marion and Ashton! I LOVE YOU, GIRL WITH HER GRANDMOMMY'S HANDS!

Anonymous said...

I promise I clicked Name/URL and not anonymous! By the way-Happy Anniversary to you and Greg, and please pass the same to your Mom and my big footed brother. Love you all.